Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter!!!

We have had quite a week and weekend. The kids and I headed down to St. George to visit Grandma and Grandpa last Sunday and got home Thursday night. We had a lot of fun. I helped Jeri and Sally paint the dining room in St. George, we went shopping, the kids played on the rocks, we went to The Pizza Factory and lots of other fun stuff. I, unfortunately, forgot my camera so the only pictures we got were the ones that my mom took while she was with us. So, if you want to see pictures got see her blog HERE.
On Friday, Justin and I, after a long week apart, went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse and to see "Wicked" with two of my brothers and sisters-in-law. Let me just take a moment to say how wonderful and excellent and phenomenal and WOW "Wicked" was! I am so grateful to my parents who got us the tickets. Even Justin liked it and he's not much of a musical nut. Anyway, if you ever have the chance to see "Wicked," don't miss it!
So, on Saturday, we had dinner and colored eggs with Mike and Jeri and their family. Then, on Sunday, the kids woke up to find that the Easter Bunny had paid them a visit. The got to hunt for eggs and eat lots of treats from their baskets all before church! I know, horrible! Anyway, here are a few pictures from Sunday's festivities!



Here the kids pose with their Easter baskets.


Bo shows off the "Shake-n-go" car he got in his basket. The girls got little boxes with 6 rings in them and each of the bigger kids got chapstick, which apparently is a tradition since Marianne has asked for it for two years straight. Fun fun!


Rachel wanted nothing to do with her own basket but EVERYTHING to do with Bo's. Who can blame her? Her's had only fishy crackers and Bo's had CHOCOLATE!!!


Here Marianne finds an egg in the window sill. Sometimes the Easter Bunny doesn't hide the eggs very well.



Allison checks out the orange egg she found hiding in some decorations.


Bo found his eggs (with a little help from his big sisters). This one he found in my half-dead plant. I think I'll water my two plants today. I wish I was a gardener.


Here's a shot of all four kids after church. I made the girls' skirts and I was happy with how they turned out. I may even start making them to sell. So, check in soon to if I venture out on that endeavor!


Bo poses in his Easter duds. What a handsome kid!


Allison show off her pettiskirt.


Allison twirsl for the camerman (aka Justin).


Marianne posing for her shot. What a cutie!


Marianne gives her skirt a twirl!


Rachel was done taking pictures by this point, but she still looks cute in all her fluff!

We had a great weekend. Thanks to Phil and Sally for letting us crash at their house last week. Thanks to my mom and dad for the wicked "Wicked" tickets. And, thanks to everyone who humors me by leaving comments on my blog. I LOVE YOU ALL!!! (hint hint)

4 comments:

Matt and Christy said...

Rachel is growing up so much! What a sweet little girl. I am sorry that I haven't left a comment! Sometimes I am really bad about commenting, but I miss getting comments on my own blog. Hmmmm... No wonder I haven't had a comment on my blog for ages!

Ashley said...

I'll have to agree with Christy- Rachel is getting so big and grown up. I was looking for pictures of the baby and she doesn't even look like a baby anymore. Lucky girls- what gorgeous skirts!!!

Kendall and Lee'sa said...

I think you have the most beautiful kids, aside from my own of course! I love love love the skirts! I may have to commission you to make us some sometime.

AJ said...

There dresses are soooooooo cute!!! i love them!!
-cotton eye jo-