My wonderful sister-in-law, Amy posted a list of 25 things that make her happy. I have been tagged on Facebook about a b-jillion times on people's "25 Random Things About Me" lists, so I thought I would do it here where all my loyal readers can enjoy it. I'm not that huge into Facebook, although it has connected me with quite a few long lost friends. I just like my blog better. Call me crazy! So, here goes:
1. Listening to my kids playing from a distance. They don't hold back like they do when they know someone is watching them.
2. Laying on Justin's lap while we watch a movie or our favorite T.V. shows.
3. Warm snowy days.
4. Hearing Allison read to Rachel. I probably enjoy this a little too much, as I sometimes put Alli in charge of Rachel while I finishi dinner, or bread, or vacuuming, or bathrooms......
5. Listening to Marianne sing. She has been such a good little singer since before she could talk. She would "uh" the tune to book of Mormon Stories when she was about 14 months old.
6. Watching Justin interact with our kids.
7. When Justin comes home. I miss him all day long. Sometimes I even play "Devil's Advocate" and try to get him to call in sick on days that I will be home all day.
8. The smell of fresh baked bread.
9. The taste of fresh baked bread, slathered in butter. Can you guess what I'm doing right now?
10. Newborn babies falling asleep on my chest in the fetal position as I burp them...then falling asleep with them.
11. Anything purple...Ashley, I want your purple house, too!
12. Singing in the car with the girls. We can belt out every song from "Enchanted," "Annie," "The Little Mermaid," and our favorite primary songs.
13. Watching Marianne and Allison write.
14. Listening to Allison talk. She has the cutest voice of all my kids. (Can I say that?)
15. T-shirts, jeans and flip-flops. I HATE real shoes.
16. Afternoon naps.
17. FINISHING a sewing project and seeing it on my kids.
18. Late night games of Sudoku right before I go to sleep. Sometimes I dream of little boxes and numbers. Is that weird?
19. Receiving emails. I love when I log on and have 10 new messages...doesn't happen very often, but I love it!
20. House hunting. Even though we aren't seriously looking, when we're ready to buy a house, we'll get the best deal out there!
22. Campfires and S'mores, but only if someone makes them for me. I'm too impatient.
23. Doing hair...mostly just running my fingers or a comb through my girls' hair, but it's fun when they let me experiment with it.
24. My WHOLE family....Arringtons, Barbers, Groses, Winegars etc. etc. etc.
25. Finding long lost friends.
Wow, that was fun! Hope you enjoyed learning a little more about me and my little fam. I would add my encouragement to Amy's. Do this every couple of years and see how much it changes. Thanks for your example, Amy! You ROCK!!!