Monday, June 23, 2008

Rachel at a Week

So, today is the first day that I have actually gotten Rachel ready for the day. We have a family party tonight and I wanted her to look her best. I wish she had been awake, but newborns just aren't too willing to cooperate in that department. However, I still think she is the sweetest newborn on the planet!
As a side note, before Rachel was born I went through all of my newborn clothes to get ready for a boy or a girl. The problem was that I couldn't find ANY of my newborn girl stuff. I had ONE outfit that I had bought for her to come home from the hospital...that's it! I got a couple of things from visiting teachers and my sis-in-law, but not anything near what a new little girl needs. So, after Rachel's 2-day doctor appointment, I headed to Kid 2 Kid to get some stuff. I ended up spending about $35 on a whole slew of stuff. I got this little pair of shorts and cute white onsie for about $5 total! We should be set until she grows into all of the 3-6 months stuff I actually have. One funny thing about this whole thing is that I wasn't worried about not being able to find the newborn girls stuff because I had all of the newborn boy stuff from Bo and I "KNEW" it was a boy. Ha!


Rachel modeling her new "bargain" outfit. I love how huge the shorts are on her! And they are size 0-3 months! Hee hee!


It's GOOOOD!


It amazes me so much how much they change in the first few weeks. I can't believe that a whole week ago I was in the hospital worn out and ecstatic because she had finally made it and we knew we had another little girl.

Just another side note. Rachel had lost about 15 ounces in the hospital and the doctor was worried about her jaundice. So, he had me take her in for a check-up on Friday. When the nurse put her on the scale, I was just PRAYING she had gained a little weight. Well, gain she did and was up to 8 lbs. 2 oz. She had gained 8 ounces in just two days! I was so proud of her. When the doctor checked her jaundice, he said it was not bad at all for a four-day-old baby. He said if it was his baby, he wouldn't even worry about having her bilirubin level checked again. I left the doctor's office completely ecstatic and relieved! I am sure at this rate she will be back to her birth weight by two weeks for sure!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Jo, she is so gorgeous!!!! What a dang cute outfit... worth way more than $5! I am coming to the cookout so I HAVE to peek at her at some point!

aimeee said...

You are really blessed- Healthy and strong AND Beautiful. 4 down, 2 to go, if you want to tie, three to win. HA!
You guys are awesome, and I can't wait to see.

Julie said...

Oooh, she's so sweet! I love how her little arms and hands are raised above her. I'm so glad she is gaining. You can sleep much better, I'm sure.